2 day Canyoning Guide Work Experience
April 22 – 23, Canyoning Guide Work Experience Weekend
Would you like to be a wizard of ropes and do choice bombs for a living?? If the answer is yes, you should join our 2 day Canyoning Guide work Experience here at Abel Tasman Canyons!
The 2 day experience will touch on many facets of Professional Canyon Guiding. From the technical and people skills required to run a safe and fun trip to the more mundane parts of the job (e.g the clean up!!). We want to inspire the participants and outline what’s involved in the job and the possibilities for the future!
Those that like what they experience can have a chat with us about further training with the NZ Canyoning School and possible job opportunities. Here at Abel Tasman Canyons we use the NZOIA qualification framework and train to the standard of the NZOIA Canyon Awards.
- Reasonable Fitness
- Have had experience with walking around riverbeds (i.e slippery and uneven terrain)
- Run 3km in less than 20 mins
- 30 push ups
- swim 100m
- 30 sit ups
- Responsible and a good team player
- Speak a good level of English
- Passionate about adventure, nature and learning new things
- Outgoing personality and enjoy working in customer service
- Must be eligible to work in NZ next summer season (Oct 1st 2017 – April 30st 2018)
Here at Abel Tasman Canyons we want to provide the BEST outdoor adventure experiences in New Zealand!!
- About Abel Tasman Canyons
- What canyoning is
- What the 2 days are about.
10:00 ABSEIL TRAINING
- Pack gear
- Short run
- Equipment explanation
- Abseil training
13:00 AQUATIC SESSION
- Abseiling into water
- Checking pools/Dive practice
- Jump session
- Washing wetsuits
- Re-organising gear
- Presentation on the History and Evolution of Canyoning
- Beers and Canyoning Vids
- Meet up at base, run through Canyoning Trip plan
- Pack equipment
09:00 AQUATAXI INTO ABEL TASMAN NP
- Approach, interp on park
- Saftey briefing
- CANYONING TRIP
17:30 BACK TO BASE
- Clean up
- Q+A Session
- Accommodation: We can potentially organize accommodation at a local backpackers at a discounted rate if we get enough people. Please enquire about local backpackers contact details.
- Food for the weekend, snacks and lunches for the duration of the 2 days.
- We’ll provide the rest!!
What you need to bring:
- Warm layers
- Swim wear
- Sense of adventure
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, shoot us an email or a Facebook message with either:
- A) A motivation in less than a 100 words
- B) A short video in under 1 minute
Outlining why you would be a great Canyoning Guide at Abel Tasman Canyons!
As we only have a limited amount of spaces, we will only be selecting applicants who are serious about becoming a Canyoning guide.
You can contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or catch us on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AbelTasmanCanyons/
DEADLINE: You need to let us know before 5pm on the 10th of April.