UNDERSTANDING THE RISKS
I accept that this activity inherently involves risks and potential hazards. The risks and hazards include, but are not limited to falling from heights, drowning, slipping, equipment failure, adverse weather conditions, and other environmental hazards.
I am aware that participating in the canyoning activities offered by Abel Tasman Canyons Limited (hereafter named as ‘the organizer’) can be hazardous if they are not conducted with care, control and responsibility. I acknowledge that these risks could result in my injury (physical or mental) or even death.
- I have informed the staff of the organizer (or will, prior to undertaking the activity) of any medical conditions, previous injuries and any medication I am currently taking which may affect my ability to undertake the activity.
- I confirm I am physically fit and able to participate in the activities and I have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
- I consent to receive any medical treatment that may be deemed necessary by the organizer in the event of injury, accident or illness while undertaking the activities.
- I understand it is my responsibility to disclose any conditions (health or otherwise) that may affect the safety and enjoyment of myself and those around me.
Conditions of participating in activity
- I agree to participate with care, and obey the rules set out by the organizer and instructions given by the guide (or a representative of the organizer), at all times.
- I accept that if I do not adhere to the instructions and rules, or if I act dangerously, recklessly or in a way that might endanger myself or others, the organizer may remove me from the activity. If this occurs, I acknowledge I will not receive a refund.
- I accept that the organizer reserves the right to cancel this activity if it becomes concerned for my safety, or the safety of another person.
- I agree to wear appropriate clothing and use/wear all safety clothing and equipment (as required by the guide) at all times when participating.
Limited liability of Abel Tasman Canyons Limited
- I understand that if I act recklessly or intentionally, and don’t follow the rules or instructions set out by the organizer and the guide, which I have been made aware of, the organizer will not be held responsible for any injury, damage or loss I cause to myself/my property, or another person/their property, resulting from my action (or lack of action).
Liability of landowner
- I agree that the owner(s) of the land on which the activity is conducted will not be held responsible for any death, injury, misadventure, damage to or loss of property caused in whole or part by these activities.
- In the event that I damage any of the clothing or equipment, or other property owned by the organizer or a landowner, I agree to pay to the organizer (or the landowner) all costs associated with repairing the damage.
- I confirm I am not under the influence of intoxicating alcohol or drugs (be they legal or illegal) which may in any way impair my ability to undertake the activity.
- I give the organizer permission to send me emails and/or posts relating to the organizer events and promotions, as well as the right to use all photos and videos of me taken during the activity for promotional and social media purposes.
If you have any questions about this Risk Disclosure, please contact us:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone number: +6435289800