We are on the hunt for an all round superstar to manage the place. Job starts in October/November 2019, it is a full-on position during the summer season, and there is a potential for ongoing part-time employment during the off season.
How to get this job? Look through our website and familiarise yourself with what we do, our values, our culture etc, then have a look at the job description below, and then ask yourself a few questions: Does this look like a business I want to manage? Would I like to work in one of the coolest industries? Would I want to live in the extraordinary Nelson-Tasman region? Have I got what it takes? Am I willing to work hard over summer and keep things ticking along over winter? Am I willing to pour my heart and soul into it? And then, send us your amazing application with a Cover Letter and CV, and then cross your fingers and toes. It’s as simple as that.
Applications close on Friday the 13th of September 2019.
Manager Job Description:
Manager Job Responsibilities:
Accomplishes company objectives by managing staff; planning, evaluating and marketing activities.
Manager Job Duties:
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and efficient work environment; developing personal growth opportunities. (Depending on applicant, may exclude technical training for guides)
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating; implementing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards, and making rosters.
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analysing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending system improvements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies; attending seminars, events and expos.
- Generates new business leads and investigates new markets.
- Develops and implements a marketing plan including a strong focus on digital strategy.
- Manages and maintains robust IT systems focused on efficient, tidy and paperless processes.
- Manages bookings and customer communication.
- Oversees operational work and manages staff involved in operations.
- Manages, updates and implements the Safety Management System including managing of external safety audits.
- Manages financial processes; invoicing, payroll, and budgets.
- Manages agent training and maintains positive relationships with agents and business partners.
- After hours phone duties when required.
Manager Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in a Manager position
- 3+ years marketing experience
- Full NZ drivers licence (Passenger Endorsement is a bonus)
- Work Place First Aid qualification or higher
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Attention to detail
- Ability to lead, coach, motivate and inspire
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to handle a high work load
- Affinity with the outdoors and Adventure Tourism
- Passion for excellent customer service
- Lead Generation, Performance Management, Project Management, Quality Management, Results Driven, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Giving Feedback
- New Zealand citizen or resident
Manager Job Details:
- High paced, dynamic, fulltime position during the canyoning season (1 October – 30 April)
- Potential for a part-time position with flexible hours and possibility to work from home during the off season (1 May – 30 September)
- Location: Motueka and Marahau
- Number of staff to manage: 8-10 during canyoning season
- Remuneration: to be discussed upon application