Abel Tasman Canyons – Terms and conditions
Safety and responsibility: Canyoning is a potentially dangerous activity. Participants should be aware that Abel Tasman Canyons is unable to guarantee your safety on trips. Before commencing a trip, all participants must sign an indemnification form which states risks and responsibilities. For participants under 16 years old, the form must be signed by a parent or guardian (18+).
Follow instructions: Participants must follow the instructions of Abel Tasman Canyons’ guides and/or assistant guides.
Minimum age: Participants must be above the minimum age for each canyon. Please refer to the trip information to find out what the minimum age is.
Size: We have a wide range of canyoning wetsuit sizes (3XS – 3XL), our safety harnesses have a maximum waist size of 130cm. Participants must fit the equipment properly to be able to participate.
Fitness: Canyoning involves a mixture of physical activity; uphill walking, scrambling, swimming etc. Therefore it requires a reasonable level of fitness.
Drugs and alcohol: You will not be allowed to participate under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Insurance: You will not be insured by Abel Tasman Canyons. We recommend organizing your own insurance.
Medical conditions: Any medical conditions, injuries or allergies must be disclosed upon booking.
Special needs: Any special need must be disclosed upon booking. Please note: Existing medical conditions and/or special needs do not necessarily exclude participation. Please contact us to discuss.
Cancellation by you
• Cancellations more than 24hrs prior will be fully refunded
• Cancellations between 12 and 24 prior will incur a 50% cancellation fee
• Cancellations within 12hrs prior will not be refunded
• There is no refund in the event of a no-show
Cancellation by Abel Tasman Canyons
• All trips are subject to sufficient participant numbers, if your trip gets cancelled due to insufficient numbers and you are not able to go on another day we will give you a full refund.
• All trips are subject to suitable weather conditions and river flow levels. If a trip is cancelled due to unsafe conditions or unsuitable weather forecast and you are not able to go on another day we will give you a full refund.